For the movement to have a meaning !
The motor action exists only through the cognitive action
Motor acceleration - The vision
- The cortex reveals the visual scene: shapes, colors, contrasts, movements, depth in a 3d space seen by both eyes
- The central vision allows the recognition of shapes and colors
- The peripheral vision allows to detect and analyze the movements
The gymnastics of the eye
Cognitive acceleration - the invisible acceleration !
The cognitive action is before the motor action. This time before is a time ahead for the player !
Be attentive, focused, is to inhibit all sensory information, external or internal, not directly focused by the achievement of an immediate goal.
To be mindful is to be in the present moment and to anticipate the immediate future.
Motion acceleration - The movement
- High intensity study* (16 studies / 7 sports): frequency of negative accelerations is higher than positive accelerations (except US soccer)
- Very high intensity study** (6 studies / 4 sports): the frequency of negative accelerations is higher (except US soccer).
To be mindful is to be in the moment
and anticipate the immediate future.
Impact on training content
Develop perceptual and motor-cognitive learning
Balancing A+ and A- training ratios
It appears that currently the amount and quality of positive acceleration work is far greater in the area of athletic training.
Knowing that the mechanical load of negative accelerations is often very important, thus potentially increasing injuries, it would be wise :
- to balance the A+ and A- training ratios;
- to perform at least fifty percent of the training load with “braking” motor skills.
The objective: to develop an effective and efficient adaptation in the zones and during game situations associated with negative acceleration !